Is a Local Trust Company Right for You?
Usually over the course of time, individuals and businesses grow in many ways. Family wealth and assets are passed down to succeeding generations.
Older family members retire from employment and begin new endeavors. Businesses begin, and challenges may ensue. Charitable wishes are carried out as well. In days gone by, families would often turn to their local and trusted bank trust department for help with such meaningful and often life-changing events. However, in today’s uncertain and unstable environment, this type of counsel and service has been off-loaded to faceless processes working far from the client, with the almost certain result of added expense, frustration, and a lack of human and professional attention. With this in mind, the founding Directors of PARAGON TRUST COMPANY have worked diligently in order to provide a personal, competent, and substantial trust resource for our clients, the community, and friends old and new.
In discussions with clients and peers, it became evident that this lack of substantive critical mass has damaged the very nature of the concept of what “Trust” is supposed to mean. And as licensed professionals in the tax, legal, financial services, and trust industries for over many years, we have seen and heard just about every approach from firms and institutions relative to the intention of providing "private client services" to well meaning people. To some, it may mean an offer from one to act as a corporate fiduciary, only to later be placed at risk as diminished net worth, bureaucracy and inattention destroy financial interests. For others, it may be a firm offering funds and securities for sale, thereby placing its interests directly ahead of that of their clients. Oftentimes, clients have told us that their sensitive personal data has even been "off-shored" by a banking institution to a foreign country bereft of standards and accountabilities without their consent! To this, the list of abuses continues to grow. With all said, we decided that there had to be an alternative.
With our convenient and friendly location in downtown New Haven, CT, we provide investment management and trust services to individuals, businesses, and institutions by offering:
* Services in asset management: Under our "conflict free" approach to asset management, we will provide you with several money managers to consider, thereby giving personalized attention given to your goals and wishes. In addition, we neither:
i) Participate in any directed fee sharing or splitting with any money manager you employ after our introduction, and
ii) Most importantly, we allow YOU to participate in the determination of the money managers and financial professionals you feel most comfortable in engaging.
* Service as a fiduciary: As we are seasoned professionals in the field, we perform as a full-service trust company, executor, trust manager, tax consultant, advisor, trustee or fiduciary, (or can provide support to you in the endeavor if this is your preference). We provide the systems, skills, and specific competencies required in order to perform the task at hand to create values of superior worth.
* Service to firms: We often serve as a trusted outreach and technical resource to professional service firms, their principals, and other related entities in providing tax, trust and fiduciary services. As we have long years of experience as professionals ourselves, we are sensitive to the needs of both the ultimate client and the service provider, and in this regard are pleased to meet the needs of both.
* Estate planning: Using our combined knowledge base of over one-half century of experience and contacts, we can assist you in the direction of your estate plan, regardless of your life or business situation and circumstances.
* Service to all regardless of size: Unlike most major institutions with minimum-value requirements or "service providers" who actually are just face-people, we stand ready to provide a customized and dedicated service for your given situation, be it large or small. To this end, we will provide you with our very best, and if for some reason we cannot be of particular assistance, we will endeavor to direct you to where you can be best served, with no obligation.
* Efficient and just right for you! Unlike our competition, we give to you precisely what you need at greater skill (and a cost much more favorable) than our competition. Many of our clients have fled those environments to work with us, and none have been displeased with the result. Given our years of experience and competencies in the field, we provide to you exactly what you need (and will not ask you to pay for the inefficiencies of the salaries, bonuses, and such other bloated charges, as many larger institutions do!). Through it all, our goal is two-fold: satisfied clients and enduring relationships. Nothing less is acceptable to us, and nothing else should ever be acceptable to you as well.
Serving the region of greater New Haven and points beyond, we would be more than pleased to meet you.